Monday, April 16, 2012

I have not been posting since I started this blog, mainly because the PGCE is very full-on! But also because I have been working hard to get my head around all I need to know to become a great teacher. I have really been enjoying the PGCE and now I am coming up to my last 8 weeks! These 8 weeks look like they're going to be really interesting. I will be teaching in a school in a deprived area and hopefully will learn about motivating students who seem to not really want to be in school. I know this will be challenging, especially for a languages teacher, but I am looking forward to it - to the learning experience and the lessons it will teach me.

What is also going to make this placement interesting is the case-study I am going to carry out. I have not pinned down the exact research question, but it will focus on using digital media to make learning more accessible, and hopefully also more fun. I am in the research phase, but want to look into the effect on incorportating digital media such as Twitter and Edmodo into lessons. Whether students will be able to use this technology to discuss things with each other, respond to messages using French, etc. I also want to try to put videos and demonstrations of difficult concepts online, so that if a student doesn't understand something in class, they can go home and look at it online. It will be interesting to see how these tools are received by the students and whether they will be motivated to work on French outside of school. In anycase, I am sure at least a few students will be interested and hopefully it will help them on their path to learning French! Now I just need to figure out the technology! How best to video language concepts for the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment